Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Poseur, or music appreciator?

Maybe a little from column A and a little from column B. In what has sadly proved to be my only "political" financial contribution this year, I bought the MoveOn.org CD, "Future Soundtrack for America." I've been obsessively listening to Elliott Smith's contribution, "A Distorted Reality is Now a Necessity to be Free." Apparently this was nicked off of his posthumous CD, but they changed the lyrics to be more in-line with the CD's message. Which is why I have to listen to it over and over again, just to ensure I can sing along with authority. This is why I can't have CDs I like at the office. There's something about sitting at a computer for eight hours a day that makes my music reeeeeally important, so I tend to overplay any CDs that I like. I'm sure my office neighbors are plotting to sneak in after-hours and scratch a few of them. Suckers, there's more where those came from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>