Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

The weather outside is frightful

Seriously, it was 25 degrees when The Texan left for school this morning. All I have to say is that I was sold a bill of goods regarding the balmy South Texan winters.

And what do you normally do when it's below freezing, drizzly, and gusty out? Well, I apparently go outside to hang up xmas lights. My computer network was down yesterday - again - so we decided to run some errands. We bought out what was left of Lowe's xmas lights - some early-birds already got to their icicle collection, the bastards - and came home with very grand plans as to what we were going to do with them. I think at one point we had a schematic design that involved the lights marching down the fence, jumping over into the tree, and then arcing to the front porch.

What we ended up doing? Strands along the two front columns. It was getting *really* cold out; even The Texan, who I have accused of having a nuclear core in his chest (the man is radioactively hot sometimes), was feeling the weather. I think today, if it ever gets above freezing, we're going to try to finish the job. Tis the season and all that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>