Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Robitussin, take me away

Ever since 7:51 AM today on the dot, I have been hacking away. It completely woke me up. Guess I finally found a way in which I won't sleep in. I came to work because I figured that once up and moving around, it would dissipate a bit, plus I had a meeting this afternoon that I didn't want to miss. But after two solid hours of increasingly hoarse coughing, I decided to call and cancel the meeting. Of course, when the guy called back to reschedule, I was smooth as silk, with nary a cough to be heard. I can tell he was quite suspicious about the real reason why I cancelled.

I wish I could go home soon. I know that my co-workers are *thisclose* to buying me a ball-gag so I'll shut up. In the meantime, I'll go back to taking my little placebo cough drops (you can't tell me with a straight face that those actually work) and swilling Robitussin directly out of the bottle.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>