Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Jingle bells

Today is my office's holiday party. Of course, my enjoyment of it will be somewhat abated by the fact that my office is in DC and I am approximately 1500 miles west of the festivities. I'd be bitter but I still am harboring resentment over last year's party. Not only did they not stock any cheese, but they had an overflowing abundance of seafood products. It's almost like they were trying to insult me.

So instead of getting slightly tipsy on free red wine and staggering back to my desk to "work," I shall research new types of health insurance as I am getting eaten alive with my current premiums. Woo.

***********

Yesterday The Texan and I went to his bank so he could deposit some checks. You know what they still use? Pneumatic tubes! Like in 1984! How cool is that.... it's like Disneyland's Tomorrowland ride come to life.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Guess where else still uses pneumatic tubes? The Pentagon. Kind of explains a lot, doesn't it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>