Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

If it's Wednesday night...

...I must be at Starbuck's. I've had this schedule for all of 2010 where I have one dance class, a two-hour break, and then a second dance class. In theory, I could zip home for half an hour or so but it seems kind of pointless. I experimented with various ways to kill time in the Tenleytown area and have settled on Starbucks as the best option (btw, I was seriously excited when Starbucks decided to start offering free wi-fi). For example, I need somewhere I can read and get a light snack: eating anything really big is like dropping a block of cement in my stomach, but I do need to eat something because I go to class straight from work and I cannot wait to have dinner when I get home around 10:45 at night. And I need to stay within walking distance of the studio because it's too much of a pain in the ass to have to unlock and then relock my bike.

And I know that some of you are thinking jesus, just take different classes. I won't bore you with the details, but choosing which dance classes to take requires an algorithm that takes into consideration my interest, my dance level, class availability, and my desire to only take classes on one night in one studio (a lot of the women at my studio take numerous classes several days a week - that's more time than I'm willing to allot to this). It is highly complimacated.

Anyways, I alternate between making phone calls and getting caught up with my magazines, except when I get really bogged down at work and decide to rectify the situation by using my break to get caught up. Of course, that necessitates my actually doing work once I'm at Starbucks, instead of dorking around on the interwebs. Tonight, I can tell that's just not going to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>