Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Done and done!

And I mean DONE. We finally paid our taxes....for the 2008 tax year. Hooray. That nearly-a-year-long payment plan is over.* Now we can focus all those extra wads of dough (ahem) toward paying off the 2009 tax year. Which is a MUCH smaller bill, but still. Note to my patient readers: always, ALWAYS pay your taxes in quarterly installments if you are self-employed. Trust me, the shock is a helluva lot less when you do it that way.

* Some more unsolicited advice: should you decide to go this route, DO NOT SET UP AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS. I cannot emphasize that enough. It took the IRS five, yes, *five* months to set this up. I shudder to think of how long it will take to turn it off. Am seriously considering changing banks just to avoid the hassle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>