Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Just like the olden days

I have a work-ish happy hour tonight* and afterwards I'm supposed to meet up with a friend for drinks. Possibly food, too, as a liquid dinner never really turns out for the best. Anyways, this friend who I'm supposed to meet has left her cell phone at home, so we had to pre-arrange a meeting time AND place. ???? What is up with that? Reminds me of how plans used to be (relatively) concrete, where you knew a) who you were meeting up with, b) when, c) where, and d) what time. Not necessarily e) why, but that's okay. Now it's all free and easy, I'll call you when I know more what's going on, etc. And don't even get me started on twittering and the like of your whereabouts. If I want your company, I will let you personally know. After I finish yelling at the kids to get offa my lawn so's I can watch my stories.

* That means it's with former colleagues, so I guess technically it counts as networking, but I doubt we'll do anything more than pass around unsubstantiated rumors about our previous place of employ.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm so happy you are back on the blog, baby! I will def keep an eye out from now on. And just to add to your blog entry, try dealing with someone who doesn't own a computer OR have an email address anymore? Wha wha whaaaaaat? Hope you're feeling better... :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>