Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I have become *that* person

On Monday, as part of my campaign to stop pissing away $10/day on lunch, I brought a can of Indian food (some sort of lentil mixture I believe) for lunch. I waited until my neighboring colleague had stepped out before I heated it up in the microwave. I shouldn't have bothered. That stench stuck around all afternoon.

Yesterday, I went to warm up my maple and brown sugar oatmeal in the microwave. Guess what scent wafted out to greet me? I love me some Indian food, but not with my maple and brown sugar oatmeal. I figured that that last usage would get it out of the microwave's system and we could all go on with our lives.

Not so much. I made oatmeal today and was faced with yet more curry smells. That's just not something you want mixed in with your breakfast food. Or at least I really don't want my poor office-mate to have to deal with that one-two punch first thing in the morning. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can nuke a container of baking soda. That smell IS going away, one way or the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>