Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

The new meeting-place

Move over, Starbucks: I had the best business meeting yesterday at Hello Cupcake. I had the death by chocolate cupcake, whose divine chocolate-ness put me in such a daze that I left my wallet on the table when I headed back to my office. If it weren't for the kindness of one of their employees who chased me down the street with it, I'd be ID-less for my trip to Texas this weekend. Not good.

I am so looking forward to tomorrow. I fly out to SA to see The Texan, Shrapnel, and Che for the first time in six weeks. That's the longest I've ever been separated from any of them. We're going to drive down to Corpus to spend the 4th on the beach. Of course, we're getting up at the crack of dawn to try and avoid the worst of the heat (SA has been undergoing temperatures over 100 degrees for the past week; all of South Texas is one big tinder-box). We're trying to hold off on planning too much for the weekend, as I'm only there for a few days. And he'll be out to DC to visit me in August. Still, very excited!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>