Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Violence in the workplace

Last night, I overhead two employees at my gym arguing about the new iron and ironing board that had mysteriously manifested itself in the women's locker-room. The point of contention was about whether or not it could serve as a weapon. Wait, let me change that - of course an iron *could* serve as a weapon, it's a piece of metal at the end of a nice long cord that can allow you to really get some speed going before lobbing it at someone. What they were arguing about was whether it *would* serve as a weapon and thus was too dangerous to leave out for the general public to have access to it. Now, color me naive, but I think that there are a lot of other things to worry about than that. The one arguing against the likelihood of it being used as a weapon eventually won out, but later that evening, I saw the one who was worried about it doing some sort of busywork that allowed her to sit and keep an eye on it. Always vigilant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>