Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Son of a...

The ONE TIME I decide to sport jeans and a sweater to work on a non-Friday, I get tapped to do a TV interview. I tried to wiggle out of it, telling them I wasn't wearing a suit, but the producer cheerfully insisted they could shoot me from the waist up. What I didn't tell him is that I'm wearing a sweater that falls quite short of what could be considered professional attire. It's black, and isn't a bad quality sweater as far as these things go, but it's tight and a bit short. Hey, don't judge, I thought I'd be holed up in my office all day. So I panicked and ran over to a colleague's office to ask her if I should head home and change. She generously lent me a gorgeous red silk scarf that I can wrap around my shoulders; we shall see if this passes muster. Either way, I'm thinking of "forgetting" to return the wrap. No good deed goes unpunished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>