Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Is it happy hour yet?

I have had three meetings today, with each one running shorter than the one before it (2 hours, 30 minutes, 20 minutes). It was the last meeting, though, that was the most painful. Or at least the one I was most dreading. I decided last night that enough was enough and it was high time I had a come-to-jesus meeting with my interns. So I did. I tried to soften them up first with some Red Vines, but none of them are California kids and thus are unaware of that candy's innate perfection. Despite that, it went better than anticipated and I think (hope, pray, sacrifice animals to the gods) that things will be running more smoothly around here.

Now I have to dread scooping my long-deceased fish out of the tank. I may need another Red Vine to build up my courage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>