Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I am clearly in the wrong line of business

As I was staggering out my door at 6:30 this morning for a pilates class, I noticed that my WashPost hadn't been delivered yet. I made a groggy mental note to bitch about it to their subscription office, as I paid 35 cents for that newspaper - I want what's coming to me, dammit!

I round the corner and almost run into a 30-something woman carrying around five newspapers in one hand and a piece of paper in the other. She's checking something on the paper - I'm guessing looking to see who were the subscribers in my condo complex.

Right behind her is a Chrysler convertible, with its driver's door agape and engine idling.

How much is the WashPost paying their newspaper deliverers these days? Because there are some luxury items I've had my eye on for some time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>