Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Back in the land of the longhorn

I am back from LA. It was a good trip, and I got to spend quite a bit of time with the family and with old friends - I MEAN LONG-TIME FRIENDS, MY FRIENDS AND I ARE NOT OLD. I have got to get that right, as I kept making that mistake when doing toasts.

One thing about my family is that oh dear god is it impossible to rent a movie that everyone will find acceptable. Restrictions? No swearing, no undue violence, no risque or sexual situations, no drug use, no animals getting hurt. Stop and think about the last movie that you saw. Unless it came from Pixar Studios, chances are good it violated one if not many of these rules. We ended up getting "3:10 to Yuma," which I'd already seen and thought would hold up okay. It sort of did - there were a lot of people getting shot, and one horse being ridden by a guy whose gunpowder cache was exploded via a bullet (which I'm pretty sure Mythbusters would say is impossible). Pobody's nerfect, as they say.

And I hate to say this, but my love affair with the Coffee Bean's Iced Blended Mocha is on, well, thin ice. To whit: I looked up how many calories is in one. LALALA not thinking about that. And adding on to it, their lids are crap. I had bought two while shopping at Ralphs' - damn their marketing department for putting one in the store! - and was juggling them while trying to get my bags in the car. I put the mochas down on the trunk while shifting things around, ignorant of the fact that the one with whipped cream was dangerously top-heavy. The damn thing fell over and flat-out exploded, dousing me, the car next to me, and my car with iced blended goodness. Now, a responsible citizen would've cleaned up the mess entirely. I however was pissed off and ready to get the hell out of Dodge, so I made a few cursory swabs at cleaning the slush off, then jumped in the car and skedaddled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>