Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

I'm embarrassed that I'm embarrassed about this

Last night, having run out of facial cleanser, I toddled off to Blue Mercury for a refill. I started looking around while there, and ended up getting a men's facial cleanser. Look, what would you have done? It has glycolic acid, plus vitamins A, C, and E. None of the women's cleansers had all that. Plus it was cheaper, too. Part of the latent misogynism that penetrates every aspect of our society - I tell you, the Man's trying to keep us down.

Even the salesguy - that's right, GUY - tried to dissuade me from buying it, telling me that the cleanser was pretty harsh. That's probably true, as men's facial skin tends to be tougher than women's by sheer dint of constant shaving. And while my Mediterranean heritage has left me a bit more hirsute than some, I don't have to shave.

I toyed with pretending I was buying it for someone else, but then I figured, the hell with it - I'm taking a stand! Why should men get all the good cleansers? So I'm on Day 1. I'll let you know if my skin suddenly sloughs off my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>