Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

A list of grievances

My word, I am pissy today. I feel the need to make a big ole list of things that bug the ever-living crap out of me:

* Co-workers who insist on using the speakerphone for every fricking conversation
* Places of business that charge $10 for a cocktail but won't take American Express because of the minor fee the company charges for transactions
* Intern applications. I think that they are fornicating at night and reproducing themselves because no matter how much I work on it, that pile is not. going. away
* Cats who decide for no good reason to claw your plastic shower curtain to shreds
* That unexplainable and yet oddly persistant BO funk that is floating in my office hallway
* DC 101's Elliot in the Morning show talking about serious things. I love that gang with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns but am not ready to hear anything non-frivolous at 8 in the morning
* Flat shoes that manage to rub holes in your ankles at the exact place that every other pair of shoes you own hits you
* My hair's insistence on forming an odd bump off the back of my head
* War, hunger, and humankind's inability to make a nail polish that does not instantly chip

I'm meeting the urban tribe to play pool tonight, which should either catalyze my aggression or release some tension. If it's the former, maybe I can start a fight with one of those pool sticks, or at least snap one in two across my knee - I've always wanted to do that. If it's the latter, well, that's probably healthier in the long run.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Her Ladyship said…

    Thanks - I will have to give those nail polishes a whirl. I'm something of a tightwad and hate paying more than $2 for my nailpolishes, but maybe spending the extra dollar or two will make the difference.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>