Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Still scratching my head over this one

AnimalStyle had an unusual restaurant experience Saturday. She was having lunch in Tenleytown with a friend. Her dining companion came back from the bathroom and vehemently insisted that AnimalStyle go check it out. Thinking that there was some sort of cool architecture to admire, she duly went off to see what it was.

She was half-right. The bathroom of that restaurant consisted of one room...with two toilets. Facing each other. With no partitions or any means of privacy between them.

I've been trying to figure out why on god's green earth someone would set up a bathroom like that. Under what sort of configuration would that be a handy arrangement? I'm pretty relaxed myself about this kind of thing, but even I would have issues about directly facing someone while using the toilet. That may be just me though.

I think I need to make a field trip and check this out for myself. Who's with me?

1 Comments:

  • At 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe it was meant to be a men's bathroom? What if this was the only restroom in a bar or club? I recall puking behind many stalls during my younger days. Glad those days are over!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>