Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Her Ladyship of the Bleeding Gums

Just got back from the dentist. I think I'm going to have to drink my dinner tonight - wow are my gums sore. While I have freakishly good teeth, my gums leave something to be desired.

No, seriously, my teeth are a dentist's wet dream. Outside of having worn braces for two years while in junior high, I do very little to my teeth. And yet every time I go to the dentist, they make a big fuss over how beautiful and perfect they are. Of course, there is the option that they're blowing hot air up my ass, but I like to think that it's more a situation of from god's mouth to my ears.

I do feel kinda guilty about this, because I can't even thank genetics for this. My poor sister has had root canal after root canal - to the point where she invited her oral surgeon to her wedding.

But my gums are an entirely different story. I totally deserve it too since I don't floss. At all. And my dentist's office is so damn nice about the whole thing - always giving me the latest and greatest dental technology in the hopes that maybe this will be the breakthrough needed to get me going. Now they apparently have "soft" floss, for those of us whose gums are beyond the pale. Let's hope that this does the trick, because OUCH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>