Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Very true

On the metro today, I saw a girl wearing a t-shirt that read, "Iceberg lettuce sucks." Unusual thing to blazon on a shirt, but yes. I agree. Absotoot-ly it does.

Growing up, I hated salads - could not stand them, with their watery, flavor-less iceberg lettuce and squeegy non-fat Italian dressing. It wasn't until I moved out of my parents' house and found out that other forms of greens exist, as well as the perfection that is balsamic vinaigrette, that I became the salad addict you see before you.

Well, when I have the ingredients, I am one. When I don't, like this week, with my cupboard growing increasingly bare as I put off going to the grocery store for just one more day, my meals consist of frozen taquitos. Um, I'm sure there's some nutrition tucked away in there somewhere.

Another great shirt I saw this week had simply "You suck" on it. Granted, it's a bit hostile, but you gotta respect its succinctness and clarity in message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>