Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

And furthermore....

....it's always the days that you have no source of caffeine that you are grievously hungover. The Texan accidentally managed to break the carafe of our coffee maker last night....BEFORE the drinking began, I might add. And we have managed to hoover up all soda in the house. I think the coffee kiosk near my house is going to be my new best friend.

We were out last night in our quest to break out of old habits and try new places around the city. I'd found a taco place located a mere three blocks away from a tequila bar, so that seemed like an auspicious place to start. We had a delicious dinner at the Taco Garage (it used to be a Texaco station, but now they serve tacos. Geddit? Haw haw). It was also reasonably priced, unlike other meals I've eaten lately, Acenar.

Then we meandered over to Salud! I rush to add that the exclamation point is part of the title. Despite that, it's a very cool place and has an owner who knows her tequila. Just because it comes out of the prettiest! bottle! ever!, I had a few shots of Los Azulejos Anejo (pretend there's a squiggle over the "n"). Muy smooth. And if you don't believe me, here's the bottle: http://www.tequilasource.com/bottles/pics/losazulejostalavera_1886_r2.jpg. The owner told me some dangerous information, that if you buy the last shot of a bottle, they'll give you the bottle. Sounds like a challenge to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>