Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

So very sleepy

While G&T is off watching horsemen play with a headless goat - for real - I am living the rock and roll lifestyle here in SA. Namely, struggling to stay up until midnight so I can watch The Amazing Race, which CBS in its infinite wisdom bumped because of the goddamned Spurs game. There. I said it. I hate the Spurs. Anyone who fucks with TAR has made...THE LIST. Of course, there are no ramifications whatsoever for getting on the list, which may ameliorate the terror undoubtedly struck in listees' souls when they hear that they're on it.

Anyways. Back to me! Tired. But as always TAR was worth it. They were in Oman this week, which surprised me and apparently all the contestants as to how gorgeous it was. Seriously, it was all blue water and yellow rock/sand and white lights and domes. Outstanding. One of the things I love about this show is that while yes, they go to tired tourist destinations like the Spanish Steps in Rome, they also send people digging in fish villages on the coast of Oman. I can't believe how in the past two weeks we've seen what have heretofore been the strongest teams struggling to keep out of last place. Guess everyone's getting hit with a bad case of Killer Fatigue.

I like to envision myself on it. Of course, I'd be the contestant that behaved with grace under pressure, was always polite to the locals, and would wow the viewing audience with my masterful collection of helpful phrases in a smattering of languages. Ahem. Well, I can tell you one thing I *wouldn't* do, no matter how tired I was: decide that while driving around the desert of Oman, it would be a good idea to take shortcut and use an unmarked dirt road, ERIC AND JEREMY. Dumbasses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>