Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Monday, March 27, 2006

This just astounds me

Dollar Tree has its own radio network. Allow me to repeat this: Dollar Tree has its own radio network. So when you go into one of their stores, you will only hear Dollar Tree-approved music. It appears to mostly be classic rock, so I guess that represents their target demographic.

How is it that Dollar Tree was able to grow to the point where it could have its own music channel? And how did I miss that? At least Dollar Tree lives up to its name. The Texan went nuts there on Friday and spent $29. The receipt was great: $1 after $1 after $1. You wonder why they bother. But their name isn't at all misleading, unlike other so-called dollar stores (Dollar General, I'm looking at you) whose prices start at one dollar but certainly do not stop at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>