Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Out with the scenesters

Such as it is. Friday night, The Texan and I went to go hear a few bands play. This was officially to support one of his classmates, who was in one of the bands, but really it was more for me to get out to a club and hear some music - something I haven't done since I got here. We had a great time. It was very interesting people-watching. SA is not so much on the ultra-skinny guys and girls with ironic t-shirts and intricate haircuts (ahem, BLACK CAT). Instead, there were a lot of young-uns out to have a good time. They don't sell earplugs at the clubs, though. Luckily, I had a few sets I'd swiped from Virgin Atlantic a while back, and my precious eardrums were spared most of the onslaught of noise. Not that the music wasn't good - I'd just rather hear less of it and spare my hearing for my old age, assuming that the bird flu hasn't wiped man off the face of the planet by then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>