Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I done been travellin'

Last week was spent in the wilds of the East Coast, ending with a triumphant return to DC. Or a return, at least, on a weekend where it was oh-my-god-gorgeous. Love love love DC's fall weather. Of course, seeing my friends and getting caught up - email can only do so much - was the absolute kicker.

What wasn't so great? I managed to absent-mindedly razor my index finger while groping around blindly in my bag of toiletries - they weren't kidding about that triple-blade action, I still can't bend my finger all the way; get into a wee accident with the rental car (shhhh - didn't tell the car company, as there wasn't any damage that I could see from bouncing off the guardrails on the Memorial Bridge); drop my debit card and extra cash in a toilet (BEFORE I used it); and eat pizza that had fallen out of my hand into a filthy DC alleyway. Of course, that last part may have had something to do with the fact that it was 3AM. Still.

Anyways, it's nice to be back. Shrapnel is working my last nerve, following me around and meowing for what feels like hours on end (WHY WHY WHY? I have no idea). So same old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>