Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm expecting to see a witch fly by at any moment

We are having an uncharacteristically windy day - usually, the air is tepid and still here - so we opened up earlier. However, the wind has gotten a little out of control. According to weather.com, the gusts are at 40mph. I am now half-convinced the next gust will make us airborne. Hey, you live in a mobile home, these things are possible. Unlikely perhaps but still feasible.

********

I took Scratchel to the vet this week for a checkup (now that he's over 16 and officially geriatric, I get a little paranoid when he has the slightest change of behavior). I like this vet because they have a really kind staff. When I got Scratchel's chart from the vet in DC, I was rather chagrined to read "AGGRESSIVE" all over it. Not my little angel! This vet has someone who warms up towels to wrap him up in during the examination and pets and calms him before doing any procedures. He's still ornery but not nearly as bad.

*******

Jesus, weather and my cat. Next thing you know, I'll be talking about what I had for lunch. Just kidding, but I am reading Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and it's causing me to feel guilty every time I eat something that's out of season and thus has a huge carbon footprint (for having been carted all over hell and back to get to my grocery store). However, I may have to start making my own cheese - according to her, it's a piece of cake. How dangerous would that be....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>