Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Saturday, March 09, 2013

Disconnected

Last year, in an effort to save money (the official reason) and because it's neat-o (unofficial), we got rid of our cable and switched to watching TV that was downloaded from online.  One of the good things is that it got rid of commercials. One of the bad things it that you can really miss out on pop culture stuff unless you seek it out. Or regular culture stuff - the Texan and I both were completely unaware that the time change is this weekend until someone emailed me about it from work. My dad used to call me every year to tell me about the time change and each time, I'd tell him that I was way ahead of the game. He's stopped calling me to alert me to this, figuring that I'm an adult and able to figure it out myself.  He is wrong. 

The other strange thing is that you can decide which version of shows you'd like to watch. For example, the Texan got the entire series of "MASH" and has been working his way through it. He decided to get the version without the laugh track. It is very odd to watch the show without it, as the actors pause just long enough between lines for the laugh track to fill in.  I am so glad that we are moving away from laugh tracks overall - they are highly annoying.

**********

Update on La Principessa: she slept for six hours in a row yesterday. Hooray!  They were, however, from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm. Boo!  At some point, we'll get her so that she's in our time zone; at least, we keep telling ourselves that when up for a 4 am feeding.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like she's ready for a passport and trip to Thailand or someplace!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>