Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Happy date of birth

So Baby Ladyship (La Principessa? Still working out her nom de blog) was originally due today.  Instead, she came nearly two months early.  I look at her - 20 inches long, over 7.5 pounds - and I think, my god, all that was supposed to be in here? How do people manage that???  Of course, some women also go through childbirth without any pain meds, which hahahaha NO FRIGGIN' WAY.  (When the hospital decided that my contractions were getting serious enough to start making plans, they called down the anesthesiologist to talk to me. He got halfway through, "Will you want" and I stopped him right there. EVERYTHING YOU GOT BUDDY, is what I told him.)

She's doing really well - still at the NICU though, as she has not taken to the bottle anywhere near as much as her parents have.  But she should be home soon.

In the meantime, her birth has already brought to the forefront some fundamental differences between the Texan and myself.  The most prevalent one is one that is rarely discussed ahead of time, yet is going to be a crucial part of her being and identity as a person.  I mean, of course, whether she will be a cat or a dog person.  I have noticed that in many of the books we've been given, there is a pro-dog, anti-cat agenda that simply cannot stand.  It is somewhat counterbalanced by the cute kitties on a lot of the clothes that she has but still is a bit alarming.  She can be whatever she wants to be, but by god, she *will* be a crazy cat lady just like her mom!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Helpful info. Fortunate me I discovered your web
    site by chance, and I'm shocked why this accident did not came about in advance! I bookmarked it.
    Have a look at my page ; playing online

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>