Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I will use my power only for good

Yesterday afternoon, I was sitting at my desk, plowing through all the assorted sundries that need to be taken care of before I head out for the holidays, when the doorbell rang. It was about 3 or 3:30, the time when lunch has worn off and you're just starting to think that an afternoon snack would hit the spot (or if you're like me and sadly trying to space out your eating, beginning the count of how many hours are left until dinner).

My co-worker got the door and I half-listened as she greeted someone and then closed the door. I was thinking as she walked down the hallway, god, wouldn't it be nice if that was someone dropping off food for us?

WELL.

It was a Godiva gift basket from our building management company. And because everyone else is gone for the holidays, we got to divvy it up between the two of us. I managed to hold off on opening up the dark chocolate bar until I got home but there was no way I was waiting to bust into the truffles.

I brought home the excess and am now sitting in a completely empty office, crossing my fingers that another gift basket will show up. It won't, but a girl can dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>