Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Ayudame

Hi, my name is Her Ladyship, and I have a problem. After weeks of unsubtle hints, Santa brought me an iPod. A 20 GB iPod that I am now compelled to upload all my music onto. I can. NOT. STOP.

At first, I had to cool my heels and wait, since I got the iPod while in LA, and my computer was back in DC. But lemme tell you, once the wheels of my plane hit the ground at DCA, I was all over the job. I came into the office on the 30th, ostensibly to work but really to get the iPod up and running.

Then I came in on the 31st, even though our office was closed for the federal holiday (and lo, there was much whining on the part of our president about that. "Why is the 31st off? The holiday isn't until nighttime." Clearly, he has never held a party or done anything festive that would require preparation) and spent four hours converting my music over.

And then, even though I was paralyzed with a painful salt headache on the 2nd, I still came and spent another three hours putting music onto my iPod. All that work and I still only have about 300 songs on there. I need to get cracking.

This is fun, though, since I'm getting to play CDs I'd listened to years ago. I'm still trying to figure out how I want to handle CDs that people made for me. On one hand, it's a pain in the arse to have to type in the song name/album title manually. On the other hand, I have a lot of really cool mix CDs that I don't want to be lost to the ages. Also, I'm cheap and unwilling to cough up 99 cents for a song off of ITunes if I already have it. Dilemma. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Now, if you'll excuse me, Buddha Bar IV is calling my name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>