Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Realization

Just because a consumer product claims its contents can be sprayed on wrinkled clothing and remove the need for ironing, doesn't make it so. One painfully honest assessment in the bathroom mirror illustrates this mercilessly.

I remember back when I first entered the 9 to 5 world. I was so anxious to make a good impression and look "professional," whatever that means, that I would get up half an hour earlier than normal just so I could re-iron creases into my pants. My manicure was always perfect. And I religiously used a tape-roller on all my suits to get rid of stray cat fur. Now, well, my co-workers are lucky if I manage to wash my hair before stumbling into the office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>