Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Always the professional

I spent this morning at various events on the Hill: an Air Force breakfast, followed by a Senate hearing. Since I went straight from my apartment, I brought everything I'd need for the day with me. Including my Hello Kitty gym bag.

And I wonder why I seem to lack credibility amongst my peers.

It could be worse. The gym bag is black, with Hello Kitty's cute lil face embroidered on it in white. It was a gift from my sister, BeachBunny. She said that when she was buying it for me, it was a toss-up between the black bag and a hot pink version. While I do love most things pink, the black version is somewhat easier to camouflage. Somewhat.

Not that you can go wrong with Hello Kitty. When I was visiting a friend in Seoul a few years back, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. It was like Hello Kitty threw up all over the country - you couldn't go two steps without running into her ubiquitous face. I think the best Hello Kitty paraphernalia I bought was a steering wheel cover that was clearly meant for a big rig. Everyone loves Hello Kitty. Even truckers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>