Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Manna from heaven

It is frrrrreezing outside - icy rain and wind conspiring to soak every item of your clothing. Despite my umbrella, I got drenched on the way into work. After moderately drying out, I left a few hours later for my doctor's appointment.

[Quick PSA: Kids, make sure that you wear lots of SPF and check every year for new moles. Growing up fish-belly white in southern California meant that mine was an unwinnable yet constant battle to get some sun. My skin is not happy with me. I am now the proud owner of two blue stitches and one gaping hole where a funny-looking mole used to live. Endeth the PSA]

Anyways, trudging back to my office, I passed by a pho place that I've been meaning to try out. Oh my god, I think I'm in love. It may just be because I am shivering and wet, but this is the best goddamn soup I've ever had. And that includes the time when I got my appendix out and wasn't able to eat anything until I was introduced to the glory of cream of celery Campbell's. This pho has a nice savory broth, good cuts of meat, tons of cilantro, and a zingy hot sauce. I have a new BFF. Even better: they take AmEx. I envision many a lunch-time trek down to this pho place. Plus, the more I go there, the better my chances are of running into someone while carrying the soup and getting to work in "pho" somehow into the conversation. Today I spent the walk back to my office coming up with various conversational gambits that would allow me to say "pho sure", but sadly for me, luckily for everyone else, I didn't see anyone I knew.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Turns out "pho" is pronounced "pha," according the the Washington Post's food section a couple of weeks ago.

     
  • At 4:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like mine spicy with extra lime. There's decent pho in C-town. You'll also find a brand new Coffee Bean next time you're in town. Joy!

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Her Ladyship said…

    Aw, man, why does the WashPost have to ruin all my fun?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>