Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Shut it, you sanctimonious prat

Am I the only one not on the Bright Eyes bandwagon? I mean, some of his songs are okay, but most of them bug the ever-loving crap out of me. For example, the latest of his pieces to be overplayed, "When the President Talks to God," is so incredibly annoying. Yes, we get it: Baby Bush is being hypocritical. Yes, we get that you get that. You're very smart. Gold star for you. Now go away.

And why is Juliana Hatfield still getting airtime? Talk about your blast from the past. Whenever I hear her, I always think of "Reality Bites." Was one of her songs even in that, or is she simply tightly tied to that grunge era in my brain? I'd look up the soundtrack, but I can't be bothered.

I sound peeved, but actually Radio@Netscape's "New Indie First" has been playing some great music this morning. I'm happy to see the Russian Futurists popping back up again. Last I'd heard them was the summer of 2001, and I'd completely forgotten about them. And I'm really liking The Bravery and Beck's new work too. It's that some media darlings - aHEM, Conor Oberst - need to take a step or two back before they start believing their own press.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>