Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I think The Amazing Race is stalking me

Paranoid? You be the judge. They show up at my hometown of Washington DC and then conveniently track me to Huntsville, Alabama, where I went for work this past summer. I think that somehow they've hacked into my financial records and are shadowing my every move.

Or else they just coincidentally happened to go to two places that I've been lately. I suppose that's an option.

I did get to go to the rocket museum in Huntsville while I was there. It's surprisingly expensive - $18 for a single adult - which I guess is how NASA is funding its manned space program these days. But they do have a lot of nifty stuff, both on space and on rocketry.

They also have Space Camp there, which when I was in elementary school was the end-all coolest place to go. (When I found out that a friend at college had attended Space Camp, all I could do was gape at her in open-mouthed awe.)

During my trip there in August, I didn't do much besides walk through the exhibits, eat at their cafeteria what was possibly the oldest hot dog known to man (seriously, that was just wrong. And I knew better, but I still went ahead and chowed down), and then stroll around their "Rocket Garden," which was where Phil did his Phil-limination during last night's episode. They have a Saturn V mock-up, which is gigantic, and then they have an actual Saturn IV that they're working on for an exhibit. It's also huge.

Of course, I found much to love in their gift shop. I came *thisclose* to buying a Space Camp Barbie - she wears a sweatshirt with "NASA" on it! - but managed to talk myself out of it at the last minute. I still kinda regret it though. Instead, I purchased glow-in-the-dark glitter nail polish. Why that's considered a space thing, I'm not sure. But I've managed to scare the bejesus out of myself several times since then by waking up in the middle of the night and seeing glowing floaty things in my bed.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm . . . Your Ladyship, I was your friend in college . . .I went to space camp . . .are you jealous? I even got extra credit in my 8th grade science class for doing a report about my adventure.

    I still love you!

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Ross said…

    Paulo loves you... and paranoia.

    ~Paulo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>