Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Confession

It gives me great pain to admit this, but I figured that the only way I can clear my conscience is simply to own up to it and start the healing process.

I don't know what "hubris" means.

I know, I KNOW, how can anyone who claims to be interweb-literate not know that? It's used constantly, largely to discredit anyone you disagree with. So I'm pretty sure it's something negative, but other than that, I have to nod knowingly when someone mentions it, then quickly change the subject.

I could look it up, but that would involve, you know, effort. Instead, I think I'll just wallow in my ignorance.

(Sigh. God am I square, since this is what I consider "true confessions." Other people would publish intimate accounts of downward drug spirals, wild sexual encounters, deep dark family secrets, and so forth. I talk about my inadequate vocabulary. Clearly I need to get out more.)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hubris=arrogance

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>