Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Confession

It gives me great pain to admit this, but I figured that the only way I can clear my conscience is simply to own up to it and start the healing process.

I don't know what "hubris" means.

I know, I KNOW, how can anyone who claims to be interweb-literate not know that? It's used constantly, largely to discredit anyone you disagree with. So I'm pretty sure it's something negative, but other than that, I have to nod knowingly when someone mentions it, then quickly change the subject.

I could look it up, but that would involve, you know, effort. Instead, I think I'll just wallow in my ignorance.

(Sigh. God am I square, since this is what I consider "true confessions." Other people would publish intimate accounts of downward drug spirals, wild sexual encounters, deep dark family secrets, and so forth. I talk about my inadequate vocabulary. Clearly I need to get out more.)

3 Comments:

  • At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hubris=arrogance

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Scully said…

    No, you wouldn't know what it means because from your posts you don't strike me as being an arrogant person.

    My office though reeks of it every day.

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger instant cash advance66 said…

    Incredible blog. I admired your site and I will be
    back once again to view it! I use much of my spare
    time searching for blogs like yours.
    Go and find my cash advance las vegas blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>