Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

With gratitude

To the guy with the moppish brown hair, glasses, dress shirt and tie who was front and center of the balcony of the 9:30 club at the M.I.A. show last night: you, sir, rock AND roll. Your spastic, unselfconscious flailings of joy to the music made my evening. Seriously, I think my friends and I spent as much time watching you as we did keeping an eye on the stage.

Oh, and the show was good too. Loved the danceable music. Great mix of people, to the point where there were a couple of women in headscarves head-banging in the front row. We were hoping that they'd get pulled on-stage at some point, but no such luck.

And if I didn't get enough of the South Asian flava, tonight there's a Bollywood fundraiser for Hurricane Katrina victims. For those of you in the DC area, come the the rooftop of the Embassy Row Hilton (2015 Massachusetts Avenue) from 6:30-10:30. The $5 donation will get you in to get dance instruction by DC's Creative Center for South Asian Dance, plus there will be bhangra, Bollywood, and international music. What more could you ask for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>