Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

So close

So I about fell out of my chair last night when I saw that the Amazing Racers were going to DC. How was it that they were so close and yet I didn't get to see them? Really, considering how obsessed I am with that show (just ordered the Season 1 DVD. huzzah!), you'd think that my antennae would've picked up their presence once they were in my vicinity. Maybe I don't deserve to call myself the show's biggest fan. I think that actually they were here when I was on vacation last summer, as I remember they had a casting call right about then. Perhaps the producers wanted to kill two birds with one stone.

And no, people, Washington DC is nowhere near the state of Washington. Weaver Family, I like you guys, but your geographical knowledge (or lack thereof) tries my patience. And Papa Roger: take that moral rectitude and stick it where the sun don't shine. It was kind of sad, to see how much his son already hates him (and if he acts normally the way he acted on the show, I could see why). SPOILER

Okay, everyone gone who hasn't seen the show? In the final interview, after they got eliminated, Brock's face was all scrunched up with anger, which made for an awkward interview. Also uncomfortable was seeing how much he physically resembled his father. Not that we're slaves to our biology, but it was a reminder that he may end up following his father's footsteps in other ways as well. Fight it, Brock! You have potential.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>