Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Like a school in summer

In an attempt to disrupt our lives further, The Texan and I decided to swap the contents of our two bedrooms and repaint the whole house this weekend. Should be fun.

We started with the main bedroom and carefully taped drop cloths to the dressers. Then we started up with the paint spray gun. Now, I've never worked with one before, so I had no idea that it would live up to its name. I'd figured it would spray the paint more or less forward. Not so much - we're talking 360 degrees here. One spray in and I realized that if I wanted to wear my shirt again, I'd better take it off. All of my other clothes were taped away, so I figured that wearing my sports bra (was at yoga class earlier) would be fine.

It was...until we went outside to wash off the paint. We live at the end of a cul de sac, and I knew that our next-door neighbor was gone this weekend, but it did feel somewhat awkward to be sitting outside in my (sports) bra. The Texan pointed out that I show more skin when I go to the beach, but I told him it's all about context.

Afterwards, we decided the hell with it, grabbed a few beers, and sat on the porch. So I'm covered with paint, wearing my sports bra, and drinking a beer outside in the middle of a workday. Oh yeah. I got lots of class.

*********

We stopped to let the ceiling dry. Tomorrow: we paint the rest of the room blue, or Azure Sea, if you will. Cross your fingers that we don't end up with Azure Sea pawprints all over the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>