Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Winter is here

We had our two weeks of fall and I guess it's time to hunker down for winter. Hee. I love winter in Texas. Maybe you'll have to button up your coat once or twice. Maybe.

***********

It's a good thing that the show we went to was on Sunday, before the weather changed. I'd heard Shiny Toy Guns on the local college radio station* and kinda liked them, so when it turned out that they were playing at Sunset Station, a venue I'd never been to but wanted to check out, it was like all the stars were in alignment.

I was a bit concerned as to what sort of show they were going to put on when we drove up to the venue and a radio station van was there for a crappy top-40 radio station. I told The Texan that while I liked Shiny Toy Guns, I couldn't vouche for the other three bands on the docket.

It, however, turned out to be a great show. I think that STG was the most alive and rocked the house the best - especially when their chick singer was at the mike. Plus it was a balmy warm evening, we had great seats up on a planter (Sunset Station is a SRO, open-air venue), and the drinks, they kept on coming. And afterwards, we went to our favorite bar where the bartender offered, nay, INSISTED that we borrow his new complete fifth season of "Curb Your Enthusiasm." It just doesn't get much better than that.

* Before you think I'm all indier than thou, we have ourselves a situation in our car radio. Someone (cough*TheTexan*cough) was messing with the buttons so now until we dig out the manual, the only two stations we can get are NPR and the local college radio station, KSYM. Don't get me wrong, I like both of those stations, but sometimes it would be nice to have a radio choice.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well the radio is fixed NOW :-P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>