Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

What have I done to deserve this?

(Hum the Pet Shop Boys song of that tune while reading this post.)

So I haven't been able to get into Hotmail for two business days now. It is making me frantic, knowing that PEOPLE are TALKING to me and I CAN'T RESPOND. (Shut up, I am too getting messages.) (No really, I am. I have friends! I swear! Besides my cat! Who can't type for shit anyways!) I've been reduced to sending out pathetic messages to friends that they will have to email me at work. Because clearly the planet will go off its axis should someone email me and not get a response within milliseconds. In the meantime, I've been checking Hotmail roughly every ten minutes or so and am trying hard not to think of all the emails building up in my in-box. They're probably all forlorn and wondering why I've forsaken them. Babies, hold on...Mama's coming!

This is all due to my stupid work server, which has been wonky for the past month. At the risk of sounding like a prima donna, I can't work under these conditions. Truly. Every time I come into work early to get caught up, the internet and/or email is down. I guess the moral of this story is, roll in around 10 or risk halting all work in the office. Right? Say right.

And to make matters worse, we can't access some other sites too. Granted, you may question the need to get on Nordstrom's site during the work day, but surely you can see that I need to get on Orbitz to make travel arrangements.

Because I am northern-bound. Next week, I will be going to the Big White Yonder; that is to say, I'm going to Alaska for work. I'm really excited about it, and not because I'm going to be surrounded by buff, burly men. Well, not only because of that. But I've never been, and I hear it's gorgeous. I'm hoping to take a helicopter ride over a famous glacier near where I'll be. If I can, I can check two things off the list of "Things I want to do before I die."

In the meantime, I guess I should do some prep work for my trip. They aren't paying me for my good looks alone (although that would be a bargain at twice the price. haw haw). And I still have to do some major edits to the Big Work Project that is now officially three weeks late. I sent a draft off to my boss yesterday, thinking that he would have some minor tweaks but I could still fix it and get it out of my hair ASAP. I got back his email today, which had a lot of helpful suggestions, but as for getting it done any time in the near future? Not so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>