Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Friday, August 04, 2006

The rules work

The rules are sacrosanct. The rules must be obeyed.

I speak, of course, of Stacy and Clinton's rules from TLC's What Not to Wear (to be called WNTW forwith, largely because I am lazy). Even though every guy I know mocks me for my abiding loyalty for this show, its truth cannot be avoided. (I sound like I'm about to start prosletyzing about the good word, don't I. In a way, I guess, I am.)

At the beginning of summer, we set the DVR to record WNTW so I'd have something to watch instead of glomming onto The Texan's Mythbusters (another fine show, I might add). I naively suggested arranging it so it would tape every episode whenever it was on. Very quickly we realized that might not be a good idea - the show's on roughly 5 times every day. Within weeks 97% of our space had been taken, mostly thanks to the preponderance of WNTW on the DVR, so we had to change it to save only the last five taped. Even so, I always have a ready supply of shows available.

I think I've been spending way too much time watching it, because now there are certain items in my wardrobe that previously were acceptable but now clearly are not. My stubby jeans, for example, are WAY too short for my legs. My cargo pants' pockets add more junk to my already ample trunk. And so forth.

Tuesday I succombed and bought a pair of pants that Stacy and Clinton had, like a mantra, insisted that everyone on the show buy: dark wash, wide-legged denim trousers. You know what? They were right. Such was my confidence in the two fashion experts that I bought these jeans ONLINE, something I've never done. I had them air-mailed to me and as of yesterday afternoon, I am now the proud owner of a pair of jeans that fit. Hallelujah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>