Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Damn you, Sci-Fi Channel!

You know, I could handle the crap made-for-TV movies starring people I grew up with - nice to see they're at least not reduced to turning tricks on Hollywood and Vine - but Sci-Fi Channel, you have crossed the line.

Today is Bastille Day, and for the first time in...jesus, ten years, I'm in a city where others are unlikely to celebrate it (in DC, it was a reason to drink lots of red wine, just like people use Cinco de Mayo to drink massive amounts of tequila and St. Patty's day, beer)(man, now that I think about it, DC will do anything for a party). However, now I am in a city where you hear people unironically still calling them "freedom fries," so the chances of the crowds rushing out to French restaurants tonight are slim to none.

However.

Tonight is also the season premiere of Stargate SG-1 (and its little sister, Atlantis - truly, Stargate is turning into the Law and Order of the sci-fi world). The Texan feels the same way about Stargate that I do about The Amazing Race: namely, that the DVR cannot be trusted with the heavy responsibility of recording the show, because what if it fails? WHAT THEN??? Madness, rending of the hair, gnashing of teeth, etc. And I know, because that's what I did when it fucked with my TAR once last winter.

So tonight we will be in to watch the shows and plan on venturing out only after they have come to their natural end. Oh well - I guess I can always have brie and wine while I watch. At least this way I don't have to listen to La Marseillaise.

Vive la revolution!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh quit it, it wasn't THAT bad...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>