Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Unclear on the concept

Last night while dining out at a steakhouse, The Texan took advantage of a break between courses to nip outside for a quick smoke. I'm used to that and, as is my norm, I entertained myself by eavesdropping on the table nearby. It was a middle-aged couple and their tweenage daughter, and the couple was clearly sharing a HIGH-larious story. So I listened in....to discover that they were telling their daughter about a time where they were involved in a hostage situation where someone broke into their home and stuck a gun in the father's ribs.

Not what I normally would call a knee-slapper of a story, but they all seemed to enjoy laughing about it. Maybe it's all part of the healing process?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>