Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Friday, August 03, 2007

San Antonio's Solid Waste Division, you win this round

I don't want to sound paranoid, but our trash collectors have been playing fuck-around with our minds. And we're losing.

To whit: they come every Tuesday and Friday, which you can plan on. What you can't bank on is when, exactly, they will come. They used to always come in the afternoons; then they switched to mornings; then they switched to early mornings; now who the hell knows.

All I know is that if we haven't taken the trash out the night before the trash pick-up is due, it is a guarantee that the trash guys will come at the crack of dawn, and by the time I get up, they will have by-passed our place yet again. If, however, we put out our trash the night before, the trash doesn't get picked up until late in the afternoon.

I can see you thinking, god, there's an obvious solution to this, Her Ladyship - just put the trash out the night before and stop leaving it to chance. Well, if we were more organized, we just might do this. But things happen, ours is an imperfect world, and sometimes you just can't get your act together in time.

Anyways, I've got bigger fish to fry: one of our lovely neighbors ran over our recycling bin and cracked it down the middle, so I've got to spend all my spare energy trying to get the city of San Antonio to bring us a new bin. Pick your battles, I say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>