Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Monday, March 21, 2005

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree

Yesterday, in the weekly call to the 'rents, my mom suddenly handed the phone off to my dad, explaining that her pizza was just about ready to be eaten. I hear my dad ask her, "Did you tell her about the pizza?" He then goes on to inform me that when my mom opened up the frozen pizza, they found a coupon that EXPIRED in November 2001. It only makes sense that the pizza and the coupon are of at least the same age, and you know those coupons are generally good for at least a year or so. So we're looking at a frozen pizza that has to be approaching its fifth birthday.

Now, most people would think twice about consuming such an aged food product. Not my mom. I haven't called back to see if she survived her lunch or not. I'm putting my money on yes, as they pump these things so full of chemicals that they could probably survive a direct nuclear blast.

And people wonder why I can't seem to throw out food. Your upbringing asserts itself in the damnedest ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>