Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

A quick commercial

I'm one of those people who always has to have music on in the background. When I was in college, this took quite a pretentious edge, as I swore I could only listen to classical and forced my roommates to do likewise. Thank god that phase is over.

When I moved into land of cubicles, I shifted over to CDs and earphones. That was all well and good, but it got kind of monotonous, since one can listen to a CD way too many times in the course of a work day. Especially those of us who get kind of OCD about our favorite CDs or - worse - songs and hit replay about fifty billion times.

Finally, I was able to claw my way into my own closed-off area and have the joys of the internet at my disposal. Which is a good thing as DC's radio bites the big one. Lately, the one small cog holding my sanity together has been SomaFM.com's Indie Pop Rocks. They play a good mix of established and up-and-coming indie bands. Because of this station, I can recognize and speak relatively intelligently (or at least as intelligently as I'm capable of, which most days is not that much) about new music. Allows me to keep up with the yoots (kids and their music these days! I tells ya). Best of all: it's free for whoever has a modem that can handle it. Mosey on over there and check them out. If you're not fully satisfied, well, I don't really want to hear about it and furthermore you must have rocks in your ears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>