Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

You just can't win

The other day, The Texan and I were at the grocery store, buying out the place. Between his having just read "Don't Eat This Book" (by the guy who did "Supersize Me") and both of us realizing that hmm, we're not as svelte as we used to be, we decided that our eating habits could use some cleaning up. First stop: less eating out, more home cookin'. To do that, though, one does need to have groceries.

We spent 90 minutes cruising up and down the aisles, carefully reading product labels and debating the merits of various products. Our trip ended with a visit to the freezer section where we each chose a healthy frozen treat. He got raspberry sorbet, while I got frozen strawberry juice bars.

A few minutes later, we're unpacking the billions and billions of bags in our kitchen. I get to the one containing our desserts and stop in confusion. There, nestled next to the sorbet and the juice bars, is a pint of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream. I have no clue how it got there, as the Texan doesn't particularly like chocolate ice cream, and while I loooove it, I hadn't bought any this time around.

I swear it's like the healthy gods are tempting us. Get behind me, ye foule pint of B&J! I haven't opened it up...yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>