Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Peace of mind

I got my wedding and engagement bands back (from having the prongs tightened and the missing diamond replaced), so all is right with my world again. Although here was the conversation I had when I called on Friday night to see if I could come pick them up:

Me: "Hi, this is Her Ladyship, I'm calling to see about my rings?"

Jeweler's: "Yes, I see that it's ready."

Me: "IT??? I dropped off TWO rings."

Jeweler's: "No, all I have is just the one here....Wait, is your first initial [X]?"

Me: "No. WHERE. IS. MY. RING."

Jeweler's: "Uh, I'll be right back......Okay, found both of them."

They look purty and as far as I know, they didn't swap any of the diamonds for fakes. Or grab a random ring willy-nilly out of the display case. But what a clusterfuck this has been from the get-go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>