Her Ladyship

Notes from the gutter.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Back on track

Back from my travels, back from being sick, back in the swing of things. One hopes.

DC was dy-no-mite, at least as soon as the work obligations (and lord, were they obligating) ended. I got to catch up with a bunch of friends and have drunken noodles at Thai Regent not once, but twice. I don't know why, but I've never had really good Thai food outside of the DC area (caveating that to say I've never had Thai food, period, outside of the United States. I'm pretty sure that there's good Thai food in Thailand). And the drunken noodle seems to be a dish that's only in DC. So good.

I also got to eat at Two Amy's, a pizza place that's been certified by the Italian government as having authentic Italian-style pizza. I took a cab up there and was driven up Massachusetts Avenue, past all the embassies. As we got to the Naval Observatory, where the veep lives, the ride was all rattles and bumps as we drove over some of the worst potholes I've seen in DC. Hee. I hope that Dick Cheney chips a tooth every time he gets driven in and out of his manse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
>